Each year, 28th of February is celebrated as National Science Day in memory of the great Indian physicist and Nobel Laureate Sir C.V. Raman. At Jaipuria, we ensure that our students are not only aware of the personalities whose contributions have helped shaped this great Nation but also take a leaf out of their life’s books.
To aid this endeavor, the school organized a National Science Day event for Class 9 students. The event started with the lighting of the lamp of wisdom by the Principal, Mrs. Promini Chopra and all teachers of science department. This was then followed by a short introduction of Sir C.V. Raman and his contribution.
There were different events planned to comemorate the day when Sir C. V. Raman received the Nobel Prize. These were:
• Panel Discussion – Three teams of two participants each were selected to speak on a given topic and interact with the audience on the same. Team Vikram spoke on Astronomy and Indian History whereas Team Kalam spoke on the Space Projects of India and Team Chandrashekar spoke about the New Projects in the Pipeline
• Turncoat – Participants were supposed to speak for as well as against a given topic. The topics given were management of e –waste, space debris, artificial intelligence and ethical & non – ethical hacking.
• Role Play – Participants channeled eminent personalities from the field of science such as Ms. Sunita Williams, Ms. Seema Chatterjee, Dr. Anandi Bai Joshi and Sir C. V. Raman.
• What if?– Participants were asked to choose a hypothetical situation and present their views on it. The topics were:
What if, time travel was possible?
What if, invisiblity can be achieved?
What if, parallel realities are true?
What if, humans were two times more intelligent than now? What if, realistic holograms were possible?
What if, we could record everything as we see?
What if, we use antimatter as fuel?
• Science Rap – Participants seamlessly put science terminology together with rythemic beats and came up with the most informative and foot tapping rap numbers.
• Treasure Hunt
Children enjoyed the treasure hunt game based upon scientific clues. They deduced information and conducted scientific experiments to solve the scientific mystery.