We recently concluded our second edition of Dr. Rajaram Jaipuria Bizathon – an inter-school commerce conclave.
Inspired by the founder of SMRJ School Dr. Rajaram Jaipuria Ji, Bizathon is a biennial event that endeavours to bring together creative young minds and unleash their innovative, entrepreneurial potential while putting to test their business sense and acumen.
This year, Bizathon saw participation from 11 schools such as City Montessori School (Gomti Nagar & Gomti Nagar Extension), La Martiniere Boys, La Martiniere Girls College, Mount Carmel, GD Goenka, Anand Ram Jaipuria, Gurukul Academy and Study Hall.
Revolving around the objective of turning ideas into actions, Bizathon focused on enlightening students about the myriad of problems in the corporate world and their analysis, empowering the participants to solve these problems and help them understand the challenges of the financial world.
The online edition of BIZATHON comprised of 5 events namely:
1. Corporate Strategics: This was an event involving Innovation, intelligence and extensive research to understand a business strategy and achieve the vision and set objectives of an organization which guides its decision-making processes.
2. One Minute Off the Cuff: One of the key demands of business is to speak extemporaneously even if it is to give an unexpected “elevator pitch” to a potential investor. Living up to this business skill, the event called for students to speak on a topic within 60 seconds.
3. Quiz D’ Affaires: It was a quiz which tested the investigative, conjectural and applied abilities of the individuals through various questions posed to them.
4. Economics Montage: Visual depiction is an integral part of the learning process. This event focussed on testing the understanding of the various economic issues wherein participants showcased their creativity by depicting economic issues on an e-platform.
5. The Big Short (Visual Stock Exchange): The stock market, once an instrument of the ultra-rich to preserve and grow their wealth, has today opened up. This event gave students a sneak peek into the life of a day trader, a job where outcome is never in the grey.
The winner of Bizathon 2021 was GD Goenka School, followed by La Martinere College and CMS Gomtinagar I.
Here is what some of the participants had to say about Bizathon:
· “A wonderful event and such enthusiastic participants! Very well organized event.” – LMGC
· “It has been a wonderful learning experience for our students and has enriched them in many ways.” – Seth M.R. Jaipuria School, Bansal Campus
· “My heartiest congratulations for putting up such an extra ordinary event in such volatile times. What seems to be just a one day’s perfect event, beneath it, I can just imagine the amount of brainstorming, planning & execution that goes in.” – La Martinere College